Tijuana Flats Restaurant Franchise Opportunities
MULTI-UNIT TERRITORIES AVAILABLE
For the first time in years, Tijuana Flats is opening franchise opportunities to select operators seeking a bold and exciting growth concept with proven returns. Famous for its hot sauces, over-the-top service commitment and community engagement, Tijuana Flats is not your typical fast casual restaurant. With wider Tex-Mex menu selections, abundant portions and a heart to serve, our friendly employees have a passion for delivering ‘service-plus’ experiences that set us apart.
Unlike “scoop and serve” places where service ends at the cash register, Flats welcomes guests at the front door with a genuine greeting, refills drinks and chips tableside and even clears your table when you’re finished. Every meal is prepared from fresh ingredients – there are no microwaves or freezers in our restaurants – and guests appreciate the ability to customize their meals or spice things to their particular taste by choosing from a huge selection on our famous hot sauce bar. With relatively low build-out costs and high sales potential, it’s a model that has made us one of Southeast’s most popular growth concepts since 1995.
Minimum franchise qualifications (per group)
- Ability to open at least 5 units
- Multi-unit restaurant operations experience and business experience
- Minimum liquidity of $1,000,000
- Minimum net worth of $2,500,000
- Development experience
- Heart for serving the community
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
ABILITY TO OPEN 5+ LOCATIONS
ENJOYS GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
PASSIONATE, UPBEAT, AND PROFESSIONAL
JUST IN QUESO FOUNDATION
The Tijuana Flats Just in Queso Foundation is committed to giving back to the communities our restaurants, teams and guests call home by supporting local organizations benefiting children, veterans and more.
- Complete our Online Request Form. You may also contact Perry Jones at 407-506-1456. Once we receive your completed form, a member of our team will contact you.
- Review our Franchise Disclosure Document. Once your application is complete and we’ve connected, we’ll ask you to sign a non-disclosure agreement and provide you with our Franchise Disclosure Document, which includes details on our fee structure, other business information and the contact information for all our franchisees.
- Schedule a Discovery Day. Following an initial qualification process, you’ll travel to our headquarters near Orlando, Florida, to meet with our senior leadership teams, learn about our support infrastructure, and visit a few Tijuana Flats locations.
- Final Approval Process. We will complete a credit and background check and visit some of your existing restaurants as part of the final approval process.
- Sign Your Franchise Agreement. The approval and acceptance process for a new Flats franchisee typically takes between 6-8 weeks. Once you’ve been approved, you will sign the development agreement to finalize our partnership.
- Identify the Best Site and Lease your First Location. Our development team will provide advice and access to our broker resources to help you find the right site for your first Flats. Once our development team has approved the site package, you can negotiate and execute the lease.
- Build Your Restaurant. We will assist you with your initial kitchen and restaurant design. You will work with the contractors you choose to develop plans and a construction schedule for your restaurant.
- Open Your Flats! Our franchise development team will work with you every step of the way as you prepare for opening day. Our training, operations and marketing team will help you set the stage for a strong opening.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What if I don’t currently own restaurants but have operations experience?
We are seeking multi-unit operators with existing restaurant operations and the infrastructure to support growth.
- What is the upfront investment cost for a franchise?
The franchise fee is $35,000 per unit, with a 5-unit commitment. The franchise fee is payable in two parts: ½ on executing the development agreement and ½ upon lease execution.
- What are your royalty and marketing fees?
Royalty and marketing fees are outlined in the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD).
- What is an average build-out cost to open a Tijuana Flats?
While construction costs vary depending upon market and state, the average start-up cost for a Flats ranges between $679,950 and $954,000. Further details and summaries are available in the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD).
- If I’m approved as a franchise partner, how long does it typically take to open my first location?
Typically the process from site selection through lease execution, construction and training to opening takes about 9-12 months. This is dependent on many factors such as availability of suitable real estate.
- What support do I receive as a franchisee?
Tijuana Flats support team will provide ongoing marketing and advertising support, training and operations counsel and “as needed” support from other company departments. Full ongoing IT support is also available at favorable rates to franchise partners in compliance with our security and POS standards.
- How many employees would I need to operate a Tijuana Flats?
Two managers working in shifts and 9 employees for an average unit volume location.
- Must I live in the same market where my restaurants are located?
Yes, the success of Tijuana Flats requires hands on ownership and leadership and a deep understanding of each community we are serving.